On Sunday, 2/9/20, the Acushnet Fire Department responded to a report of a fire in a residence. A pan of grease caught fire on the stove top and very quickly grew, causing flame and smoke damage. The resident had extinguished the fire prior to the arrival of the FD. There were no injuries. There were no working smoke detectors. “We are sharing this photo to emphasize the speed with which fire spreads and the very quick damage that can be done,” wrote the Acushnet FD on its Facebook page.
Support local journalism, donate to the Neighb News with PayPal.
Click here to download the entire 2/20/20 issue: 02-20-20 KoolKids