A GoFundMe.com page to raise funds for the Lopes family reached its goal quickly and has been closed. The page was set up to help pay for funeral costs for Joseph “JP” Lopes, 41, and his son Collin, 9. The two died from carbon monoxide poisoning at their home on 3 Buttonwood Lane in Acushnet. The GoFundMe page raised more than $8,580 in five days. The goal was $8,300.
The two were found last Wednesday morning, 12/7, when police performed a well-being check. No foul play is suspected.
Arrangements were by Aubertine-Lopes Funderal Home, 129 Allen Street, New Bedford, for both. Funerals were both set for Friday, 12/16, at the funeral home. Visit www.aubertine-lopes.com for details.
Collin has three brothers: Louie Adao of New Bedford, Tyler J. Lopes and Hunter J. Lopes of Acushnet. He is also survived by his mother, Piper A. (Babineau) Silva, and his stepfather, Sean Silva.
Click here to download the entire 12/15/16 issue: 12-15-16 OldTimeHoliday