The third annual Acushnet River Herring Festival will be held on Sat., 5/19, from 11:00am– 4:00pm, at The Sawmill, 32 Mill Rd., Acushnet.
Enjoy food, festivities, and outdoor fun. This family-friendly festival will celebrate the ongoing restoration of the Acushnet River during the annual river herring migration. The festival is free and open to all, and will feature music, live animal demonstrations, fishing and canoeing, guided walks, and kids’ activities.
After the Herring Festival, all are welcome to stay for the Coalition’s 30th Annual Meeting. For more info call 508-999-6363 x219, or email: email@example.com
After the Herring Festival, all are welcome to stay for the Coalition’s 30th Annual Meeting to hear about the Coalition’s accomplishments to protect clean water in 2017 and meet other supporters as well as Coalition board and staff.
Schedule of Activities:
• 11am-12pm: Restoration tour of The Sawmill
• 11am-1pm: Fishing demo/tent — Bret Bokelkamp of Trout Unlimited
• 11am-3pm: Canoeing
• 11am-3:45pm: Kids’ tent (touch tank, arts and crafts)
• 12-1pm: Mammal Show — The Creature Teachers
• 1-2pm: Vinny the Bubble Guy
• 2-3pm: Birds of Prey — Tom Ricardi
• 3-3:45pm: Toe Jam Puppet Band
• 4-6pm: 30th Annual Meeting
For more information call 508-999-6363 x219, or email: bayadventures@ savebuzzardsbay.org
Support local journalism, donate to the Neighb News at: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=Y6V5ARRYH689G
Click here to download the entire 5/17/18 issue: 05-17-18 NALC