NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Wednesday, December 16, 2020 and Thursday, December 17, 2020 at 6:30 pm
Banquet Room, Town Hall, 40 Center Street
To access remotely Log onto:
or call 1-929-205-6099 – Meeting ID: 915 9877 662 – Passcode: 252095
Live on Fairhaven TV Channel 18 and fairhaventv.com
REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS FOR CPA FUNDING
The Fairhaven Community Preservation Committee will conduct two nights of Public Hearings to review eleven (11) applications for CPA funds that the CPC is considering for recommendations to the Annual Town Meeting in 2021. Please check the CPC website or with the Planning and Economic Development Department if the night for review has been changed.
The following applications will be reviewed on Wednesday, December 16, 2020:
1. Green Meadows Roof (Fairhaven Housing Authority). Proposal to replace the 1996 roofs on the eight (8) separate buildings. Request Amount: $65,000.
2. Academy Building Front Door Access (Fairhaven Historical Commission). Proposal to build new front landing and steps with railing, brick walkway and new lighting. Request Amount: $195,000.
3. Old Stone Schoolhouse Restoration (Fairhaven Historical Commission). Restoration of the schoolhouse building including gutters, fascia, soffits and fence. Request Amount: $15,000.
4. Town Hall Street Lamps (Fairhaven Historical Commission). Proposal to build four (4) decorative street lamps on the sidewalk around Town Hall. Request Amount: $22,000.
5. Fairhaven High School Windows Restoration Phase 4 (Fairhaven Public School District). Phase four of window restoration work at High School focusing on restoration of the existing wood window sashes and windowsills. Request Amount: $70,313.
6. Historic Structures Survey Update (Planning & Economic Development Department). Proposal to hire a consultant to update approximately 125 of the 293 Historic Structure Surveys done in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s that are listed on the Massachusetts Cultural Resources Inventory and Survey (MACRIS) site. Request Amount: $30,000 as local match for an MHC grant.
The following applications will be reviewed on Thursday, December 17, 2020:
7. Millicent Library Chimney Restoration Project (The Millicent Library). Restoration of the chimney at the library on the National Register of Historic Places. Request Amount: $136,360.
8. Library Sidewalks Phase 2 (Department of Public Works). Second phase of funding for restoration of brick sidewalks on William and Walnut Streets. Request Amount: $92,000.
9. Livesey Skateboard Park Resurfacing (Ann Richard). Proposal to resurface the flat surfaces at the Skateboard Park with concrete. Request Amount: $200,000.
10. Unitarian Church Stabilization & Restoration – Phase 1 of 4 (Unitarian Memorial Church). Phase 1 of 4 to include repointing of masonry, installation of electric cathode system, replacement of copper roofing and downspouts, flashing below copping stones, and new welded seam membrane roof for cloister. Request Amount: $193,439.
11. Whitfield-Manjiro Carriage House Restoration (Whitfield-Manjiro Friendship Society). Proposal to renovate and stabilize the carriage house. Request Amount: $150,000.
Copies of the Applications and Plans may be viewed at the Office of Planning & Economic Development in Town Hall, located at 40 Center Street, Fairhaven, MA, and on the Town’s CPC website: https://www.fairhaven-ma.gov/community-preservation-committee/pages/2021-cpc-applications-received
Paul H. Foley, Director, Department of Planning & Economic Development
Support local journalism, donate to the Neighb News with PayPal.
Click here to download the entire 12/3/20 issue: 12-03-20 LightALight