The New Bedford Symphony Orchestra presents Music in the Streets, a program designed to bring classical music to the streets and outdoor locales across the city. The objective is to bring cultural vitality to areas in New Bedford, often by performing musical concerts in collaboration with our nonprofit, government, or business partners. This project is funded in part by Wicked Cool Places, financed by the city of New Bedford’s Arts, Culture, and Tourism Fund.
Events are weather permitting, free of charge, and will take place around the city of New Bedford. As many of our concerts take place in a New Bedford Public Park, please look for musicians to be performing in the playground area under a tent marked “New Bedford Symphony Orchestra.”
• August 4, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, Montes Park with Bonnie Harlow (cello) and Jenny Memoli (violin)
• August 5, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm, Buttonwood Park with Michael Mechanic’s Wind Trio
• August 18, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Brooklawn Park with Bonnie Harlow (cello) and Jenny Memoli (violin)
• August 21, time TBD, Clasky Park with the NBSO Brass Quartet
• August 29, 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park with Michael Mechanic’s Wind Trio
In the Parks, play along
The Southeastern Massachusetts Youth Orchestra (SEMAYO) is partnering with the New Bedford Recreation Department to present “Music in the Parks” this summer!
Join them on Saturday mornings as they meet at a different park each week to play music and have fun! If you already play a stringed instrument, bring it along. They will have music and tunes and tons of fun. If you don’t, percussion instruments will be available for you to play! No one is too young or too old to play music!
Saturday Mornings, 10–11 a.m.
• July 31 Clasky Park playground area
• August 7 Hazelwood Park playground area
• August 14 Riverside Park playground area
Click here to download the entire 7/29/21 issue: 07-29-21 RecallElection
Support local journalism, donate to the Neighb News with PayPal.