Nomination papers for all offices in Fairhaven in the 4/4/22 election are now available. Next year, three seats will be on the ballot for the Select Board. The seat now held by Stasia Powers will be up for re-election as scheduled, and two new seats will also be on the ballot. The person with the most votes will serve three years, the second place person will serve two years, the third place person will serve one year before needing to run again. After this year, all seats will be three year terms. Town Meeting voted in 2021 to increase the number of seats on the SB to five, from three, and the Mass. state legislature voted to enact the change.
The Annual Town Election will be held on Monday, April 4, 2022. Polls will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Deadline to register to vote is 3/15/22.
You may register to vote any day from 8:30 a.m.–4:30p.m. Monday– Friday. Mail-in Voter Registration Forms are available at the Town Clerk’s Office, the Millicent Library and State and Federal offices.
• Friday, January 24, 2022, 5 p.m.: Last day and hour for Town Meeting Member incumbents to file written request for re-election with the Town Clerk
• Thursday, February 10, 2022, 5 p.m.: Last day and hour for requesting nomination papers
• Monday, February 14, 2022, 5 p.m.: Last day and hour for filing all nomination papers with the Registrar of Voters (Town Clerk’s Office)
• Wednesday, March 2, 2022, 5 p.m.: Last day and hour to withdraw nomination papers
• Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 8 p.m.: Last day to register voters for the Town Election. The Town Clerk’s Office will be open from 8:30 a.m.– 8 p.m. this day
• Monday, March 28, 2022 Warrant must be posted
Where do I vote?
The Town of Fairhaven Precinct Boundary Map can be found at (https://www.fairhaven-ma.gov/ sites/g/files/vyhlif3131/f/uploads/ fairhaven2010.pdf). This map will be updated with the 2020 Census Re-precincting information as soon as we receive the final approved information from the State.
• Precinct one: Town Hall, 40 Center St.
• Precincts two and three: Elizabeth Hastings Middle School, 30 School St.
• Precinct four: Fire Station Meeting Room, 146 Washington St.
• Precincts five and six, Recreation Center, 227 Huttleston Ave.
2022 Town Election Seats
• Town Clerk, 3 Years, One seat, Linda Fredette, incumbent
• Select Board: 3 Years, One seat, Stasia A. Powers incumbent
2 Years, One, Vacant (New)
1 Year, One, Vacant (New)
• School Committee 3 Years, Two, Kyle Bueno and Erik Andersen incumbents
• Board of Health, 3 Years, One, Peter Deterra incumbent
• Commissioner of Trust Funds, 3 Years, One, Barbara Acksen incumbent
1 Year (unexpired term), One, Vacant
• Board of Public Works, 3 Years, One, G. Steven Riley incumbent
• Planning Board, 4 Years, Two, Geoffrey Haworth II and John Farrell incumbents
• Housing Authority, 5 Years, One, Marc Scanlon incumbent
How to run
Nomination papers are available now at the Town Clerk’s Office located inside Town Hall at 40 Center Street, Fairhaven. Nomination papers for town-wide office election require 50 certified signatures. Completed nomination papers with signatures must be submitted to the Town Clerk’s office no later than Monday, February 14, 2022 at 5:00PM.
How do I get on the ballot as a Town Meeting Member?
Nomination papers are available as now at the Town Clerk’s Office located inside Town Hall at 40 Center Street, Fairhaven. Nomination papers for Town Meeting require 10 certified signatures from your precinct only. Town Meeting Members who seek re-election should file a written request with the Town Clerk no later than Friday, January 24, 2022 at 5PM.
Completed nomination papers with signatures must be submitted to the Town Clerk’s office no later than Monday, February 14, 2022 at 5:00PM.
For information on registering to vote, visit https://www.fairhaven-ma.gov/town-clerk/pages/voter-resources or call the Town Clerk at (508) 979-4023 ext. 3
For more information on Fairhaven’s local election, visit https://www.fairhaven-ma.gov/town-clerk/pages/election-resources or call the Town Clerk at 508-979-4023 ext. 3
Click here to download the entire 1/13/22 issue: 01-13-22 Snowstorm
Support local journalism, donate to the Neighb News with PayPal