Join us this Sunday, September 13, from 9 am to 3 pm
South Coast Bikeway Alliance members will be celebrating Bay State Bike Month and the South Coast Bikeway with our third annual Pedal for the Path Ride by bicycling from Westport, through Dartmouth, New Bedford, Fairhaven and Mattapoisett before returning back to the start.
Please join us! Ride the whole route or select a portion. The choice is yours. Just join us to show your support. Alliance representatives will be located along the route in each community to welcome you and share the news of the bikeway in their city or town.
We have a lot to celebrate!
We were recently awarded grants from MassTrails and BayCoast Bank to complete Phase 2 of a Feasibility Study to determine the best way to connect Fall River and New Bedford with pathways through Westport and Dartmouth.
Your input is needed!
Southeastern Regional Planning and Economic Development District (SRPEDD) has been implementing Phase 1 of the Feasibility Study. SRPEDD staff will be on hand during the ride to share preliminary findings and seek your feedback. You can also participate online. Visit: https://scba-feasibility-study-srpedd.hub.arcgis. com/ and share your thoughts and comments.
The ride details!
This will be a socially distanced casual ride with no registration fee.
• Masks are required when we gather at stops and can’t maintain six feet of separation.
• Helmets are mandatory.
• Bring water and snacks.
We will NOT be able to offer ride support, traffic controls, or pre- and post-gatherings.
Instead, we encourage people to ride on their own, with the opportunity to meet SCBA representatives at key intersections. We have lots of news to share!
Please register, at https://www. facebook.com/events/8467738025195 50/ so we know how many to look for. Route and ride details can also be found at southcoastbikeway.com.
As always, you can donate here: https://www.facebook.com/south coastbikeway/ or mail a check to South Coast Bikeway Alliance ℅ SRPEDD, 88 Broadway, Taunton, MA 02870.
All donations will be used as matching funds in our efforts toward designing and building the SouthCoast Bikeway. We have been successful getting grants, but funders expect us to provide matching funds. Your support is greatly appreciated.
If you can’t join us on Sunday the 13th, ride the route any time during Bike Month (September). Be sure to send a photo to thesouthcoast email@example.com or Facebook. We will share the photos on Facebook.
Pick your starting point, distance, one-way or round-trip. Your choice.
Distances are noted: one-way (round-trip)
• WESTPORT HORSENECK BEACH Reservation to Mattapoisett: 26.8 (53.6 RT) miles. Starting at 9 a.m. Westport and Swansea Representatives will be on site at 8 a.m.
• DARTMOUTH YMCA to Mattapoisett: 16.8 (33.6 RT) miles. Starting at 10:30 a.m. Dartmouth and SRPEDD Representatives will be on site at 9:30 am
• NEW BEDFORD Pier 3 to Mattapoisett: 6.8 (13.4 RT) miles. Starting at noon. New Bedford Representatives will be on site from 11:00 a.m.
• FAIRHAVEN Phoenix Bike Trail to Mattapoisett: 4 (8 RT) miles. Starting at 12:30 p.m. Fairhaven Representatives will be on site from 11:30 a.m. on the Phoenix Path at Main Street
• MATTAPOISETT Mattapoisett Representatives will be on the Mattapoisett Rail Trail at Mattapoisett Neck Road to share the latest news of the progress of the Shining Tide portion of the Mattapoisett Rail Trail from 11:30 a.m. Marion and Wareham Representatives will also be on site from 11:30 a.m. at Mattapoisett Neck RD/MRT location.
• RETURN ROUTE in reverse. Mattapoisett to Westport or your original starting point. 1:30 p.m. departure
Start times are approximate. SCBA reps will be on hand one hour prior to the start times.
HAVE FUN, BE SAFE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Support local journalism, donate to the Neighb News with PayPal.
Click here to download the entire 9/10/20 issue: 09-10-20 SawmillWaterfowl